Army MOS 19O
Primary Duties: The role of an Armor Officer is to be a leader in operations specific to the Armor Branch and to lead others in many areas of combat operations. As an Armor Officer, you may either work with tank units that utilize the M1A1 and M1A2 Abrams Tanks, or cavalry units responsible for forward reconnaissance operations.
As an Armor Lieutenant responsibilities include:
- Leading and controlling the Armor and combined armed forces during land combat.
- Coordinate employment of Armor Soldiers at all levels of command, from platoon to battalion and higher, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
As an Armor Captain additional responsibilities include:
- Commanding and controlling Armor units and combined armed companies and company-sized units (200-300 Soldiers).
- Coordinate employment of Armor Soldiers at all levels of command, from company to division level and beyond, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for unique Armor missions.
- Instruct Armor skills at service schools and combat training centers.
- Serve as an Armor advisor to other units, including Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve organizations.
MOS 19O Video
- MUST be an officer.
- Must complete either the Armor Officer Basic Course (AOBC) OR the Scout Leaders Course and Cavalry Leaders Course.