Army MOS 74O
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Officer
Primary Duties: CBRN Officers command or serve as a Platoon Leader of a Chemical unit while employing the state-of-the-art CBRN defense systems. In a command and staff role the CBRN Officer, plans, coordinates, and directs CBRN operations and training within a command or activity to include CBRN vulnerability assessment; multi-spectral obscuration; sensitive site exploitation and assessment; CBRN reconnaissance; CBRN decontamination; CBRN force protection; and combating WMD, which includes nonproliferation, counter proliferation, and consequence management.
The responsibilities of a CBRN Lieutenant include:
- Commanding and controlling Chemical operations and combined armed forces during combat and peacetime.
- Coordinate employment of CBRN Soldiers at all levels of command, from platoon to battalion and higher, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
- Unique duty positions: Technical Escort Team; 75th Ranger Regiment; STRYKER NBC Reconnaissance Vehicle Platoon Leader; Battalion CBRN Officer in an Airborne, Air Assault, or Special Forces unit.
Additional responsibilities of a CBRN Captain include:
- Commanding and controlling company-sized Chemical units (100-300 Soldiers).
- Coordinate employment of CBRN Soldiers at all levels of command, from company to division level and in joint, interagency, intergovernmental, and multi-national (JIIM) operations.
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for unique CBRN missions.
- Instruct CBRN skills at service schools and combat training centers.
- Serve as a CBRN advisor to other units, including Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve organizations.
- Hazardous Material Certification (Technical Level)
- Incident Commander Certification
- Unique duty positions: Chemical Reconnaissance Detachment Cdr (SF Group); Instructor at the USMA Chemistry/Life Science Department; Technical Escort Bn; 20th Support Command (CBRNE)
MOS 74O Video
- MUST be an officer
- Must complete the Basic Officers Leadership Course (BOLC)
- You must complete the CBRN Basic Officer Leaders Course Phase III (CBRN BOLC).