As a Field Artillery Lieutenant, your responsibilities may include:
- Leading and controlling Field Artillery troops and combined armed forces during land combat.
- Coordinate employment of Field Artillery Soldiers at all levels of command, from platoon to battalion and higher, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
- Additional Duty Positions:
- Fire Support Officer
- Fire Direction Officer
- Platoon Leader
- Battery Executive Officer
As a Field Artillery Captain additional responsibilities include:
- Commanding and controlling Field Artillery units and combined armed companies and company-sized units (200-300 Soldiers).
- Coordinate employment of Field Artillery Soldiers at all levels of command, from company to division level and beyond, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for unique Field Artillery missions.
- Instruct Field Artillery skills at service schools and combat training centers.
- Serve as a Field Artillery advisor to other units, including Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve organizations.