As an Ordnance Lieutenant your responsibilities include:
- Commanding and controlling Ordnance operations and combined armed forces during land combat.
- Coordinate employment of Ordnance Soldiers at all levels of command, from platoon to battalion and higher, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
Additional responsibilities of an Ordnance Captain include:
- Commanding and controlling company-sized Ordnance operations units (200-300 Soldiers).
- Coordinate employment of Ordnance Soldiers at all levels of command, from company to division level and beyond, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for unique Ordnance missions.
- Providing instruction on Ordnance vehicles and systems at service schools and combat training centers.
- Serve as an Ordnance advisor to other units, including Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve organizations.