As an Armor Lieutenant responsibilities include:
- Leading and controlling the Armor and combined armed forces during land combat.
- Coordinate employment of Armor Soldiers at all levels of command, from platoon to battalion and higher, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
As an Armor Captain additional responsibilities include:
- Commanding and controlling Armor units and combined armed companies and company-sized units (200-300 Soldiers).
- Coordinate employment of Armor Soldiers at all levels of command, from company to division level and beyond, in U.S. and multi-national operations.
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for unique Armor missions.
- Instruct Armor skills at service schools and combat training centers.
- Serve as an Armor advisor to other units, including Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve organizations.